December 2022 Update
Posted on December 30, 2022 by Scott French
The last few months of the year are always busy around here. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, school events, and end-of-year work always means there is no free time. It's been a great and full year for my family so I have no complaints, but I have not been able to touch anything guitar related in some time. I'm coming into the New Year with even more focus than last year, so I'm excited for the coming months. I had three main guitar goals for 2022, and while I was only able to complete one of them, I did make progress on all three. I'm looking forward to taking that momentum into 2023. I will finish a new guitar this year, and hopefully even more than that.
Thanks very much to everyone following along and helping push me forward. I appreciate hearing from people via email even though I am often not the fastest to respond. Keep your messages coming because I really love hearing from folks from all over the world and discussing luthiery with everyone. I wish you all a wonderful, productive, and fulfilling 2023!
One new thing for me this year, I plan on attending the 2023 GAL Convention in Washington. It has been many years since I went to any events so I am looking forward to a long weekend hanging out with guitar people. Please reach out if you are planning on attending so we can connect and say hello.
End of the Line
Here are the last of the old Boogies to be posted. There were more, but what's left either wasn't very interesting or didn't get photographed for various reasons. That being said, there are also a few random Hardwood Mesa Boogie Odds & Ends that are pretty interesting but didn't deserve their own individual posts.
- Mesa Boogie Mark IIC 60w w/Reverb in Imbuia & Wicker Combo
- Mesa Boogie Blue Angel 2x10" in Hardwood & Wicker Combo
- Mesa Boogie Half Back EVM-12L in Padauk & Wicker Cabinet
- Mesa Boogie Thiele with EVM-12L in Imbuia & Wicker Cabinet (1987)
- Mesa Boogie Thiele with EVM-12L in Imbuia & Wicker Cabinet (1989)
You can view all these amps and cabs using the Mesa Boogie tag. There's nothing more to add unless I buy another Boogie. I always have my eye out for weird hardwood stuff... a hardwood 4x10" combo (Blue Angel?) or "Big Brother" 15" Combo? Let me know if you have something for sale around Northern California.
Just for fun, here are a few of my most played tracks of the year.
- "Black Napkins" by Frank Zappa from the album Zoot Allures
- "Breeze" by Jiro Inagaki and His Soul Media from the album Funky Stuff
- "Red Clay" by Jack Wilkins from the album Windows
- "Your Party" by Ween from the album La Cucaracha
- "What's the Use?" by Mac Miller from the album Swimming
- "Sleeping Ute" by Grizzly Bear from the album Shields
- "It's Late" by Queen from the album News of the World
- "Time Alone with You" by Jacob Collier from the single Time Alone with You
Thanks for reading this journal entry! Feel free to reach out via email or join the discussion on Instagram.